Fix Me: Dealing with Sexual Brokenness
All of us have sexual brokenness. The question remains: How do we deal with it? Thankfully, we serve a God of redemption. Our church is filled with people from every imaginable background who’ve been restored to a lifestyle of joy. Indeed, repentance is actually a joyful process – the gateway to “refreshment” (Acts 3:19).
Unfortunately, for many people, they struggle with deep shame. Many people feel like they’re the only person who’s dealing with their issue. Perhaps you shared your struggle with someone, only to feel further pain and rejection? God wants you to know: You’re not alone. And he’s got plenty of extra grace and power to help you experience a totally new life.
But here’s the purpose of this blog: After diving into our marriage and sexuality series: Too Many Shades of Grey, the staff and I received an amazing number of awesome questions (which we love, by the way). Of course, there’s no way we could even begin to answer these questions; thus, I decided to write a quick blog outlining a variety of resources for the various questions and demographics that are seeking advice. I.e., Treat this page as a “table of contents” of random Bible and research advice.
- What to Do If You Are Addicted to Porn or Lust – What does porn addiction look like? How does the cycle of addiction get started? And what are some things we can do to break the cycle? What are some books I can read that are specific to men or women? Where can I go for professional help? . . . . . . . . Click Here: BreakPornAddiction.
- General Questions on Sex – What are some books we could read about sex (from a Christian perspective)? Are there specific books for newlyweds? What are some general books to take my marriage to a new level? . . . . . . . . . . . FixMeBlog-GeneralQuesOnSex
- How to “Date without Dying” – Last year, I did a 3 part dating blog for all the single people in our church. Obviously, it’s filled with tongue-in-cheek humor. But, you’ll definitely find a few insights, linked [here].
- Why Consistent Church Attendees Have the Best Sex – a blog on three big research driven reasons why church attendees have better sex, and how you can experience these benefits! [Click Here]
- General Research on Sex and Porn – 50 Shades of Truth – a blog listing 50 shocking facts about porn and sex that will forever change how you view the world. [Click Here]
- To See the Substance Video Series, “Too Many Shades of Grey” click [here]