The 10 Myths of Promotion & Happiness: Which of these do You Believe? You’ll Never Make Decisions the same!

Posted On September 9, 2015 By Peter In

Did you know, research shows that only “10% of happiness is based on circumstantial things like, income, marital status, jobs, good looks, or geographical location!” Wealth, jobs, cars and great looks do not affect happiness as much as we’d like to imagine. In fact, wealth actually decreases a person’s happiness above a certain point. Or, we all imagine that a great looking spouse or a move to California will somehow change everything; yet, no one in California is statistically happier. And great looking people are just as discontent. Once again, circumstantial things only affect our happiness by about 10%! So, what accounts for the OTHER 90%? And, why do people allow their time, energy and prayers to be dominated by this 10%?

As a pastor, I get to hear a lot of people’s prayer requests. The vast majority of them are dominated by “circumstantial prayers” – “my finances, my job, my ever increasing middle aged gut!” – again, things that only affect our happiness by a variance of 10%. At times, it almost seems like our entire relationship with God is hijacked by this 10% of our lives – all the while, God is LONGING to show us the secrets to the other 90%.

Not surprisingly, for thousands of years, the Bible has taught that happiness is primarily a spiritual problem, not a circumstantial problem. “Your soul finds rest in God alone” (Psm62:1). Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who believe this “in theory” – yet, the pursuits of our lives reveal quite a different philosophy!

Once I started seeing this theme in scripture, I was shocked by how often my emotions fall prey to what I call the “Myths of Happiness and Promotion.” All of us have a tendency to obsess over all of the wrong things. And after years of watching this, I’m thrilled to announce that, I finally compiled a brand new humor book addressing the “10 research driven myths of promotion and happiness” – it’s called: “Broken Escalators: Funny & Frightful Lessons about Moth Eating and Moving to the Next Level.”

Seriously guys, once you read the 10 myths, you will never make decisions the same! Heck, the moment I learned these myths, it completely wrecked my prayer life (for the better)! Believe it or not, our prayers can actually reveal our promotability! I.e., If you want to know if you believe a few of the myths of happiness, just stop and listen to your prayers! God actually gives us numerous tests that reveal whether or not were ready for a higher level of promotion!

I think that’s why I’m so thrilled about this book. I want everyone to get on the fast track to their dreams. Unfortunately, many of us feel like were stuck on a “broken escalator.” But all of that can change!
I’m pumped to announce that “Broken Escalators” is going to be releasing internationally on October 13th! So, be praying for this! (www.BrokenEscalators.com) I am convinced that this book will completely alter how people live. So, if you could help me spread the word: Broken Escalators can actually be preordered TODAY!

As I was thinking about the pre-order process, I really wanted to go out of my way to bless the folks who do it. So, if you pre-order the book before Oct 13th – you’ll get my Amazon best seller: “Pharisectomy” for FREE as an ebook.  You’ll also get my hilarious new “Mini-book” called “Church in SPACE!” AND a brand new set of steak knives! (not really though); HOWEVER, pre-orders will ALSO get free access to my brand new mini-film: “Curators & Connectivity: The Essential Mentors Everyone Needs to Succeed. So, all jokes aside, this is a LOT of bonus stuff people!


And, if you’re a leader who preorders 6 or more… you’ll get free access to an entire small-group film series based on the book (10 films!). I filmed the coolest videos to complement the book + a small group guide + everything that I previous mentioned : ) It’s like an avalanche of Peter Haas : ) Hopefully you’ll survive!

Honestly, the reason I’m throwing in all of these free things for the pre-order folks is because, I just want to say thanks to all my fans. I really believe God wants to change the world through this information. And you all are making it easier!

But here’s my original point, and I don’t want any of you to miss this: “To the person who pleases [God], he gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness” (Eccl.2:26). But it begs the question, what is it mean to “please God.” And what can we do to accelerate our access to wisdom, knowledge, and happiness?

Lord, teach us how to please you. We’ve only got one life to live. And we need your Grace to come full us with wisdom, knowledge, and happiness, in Jesus’ name. Amen!”

Wanna see the brand new “Broken Escalator” website? or more videos on it? [Click Here!] 

Share This: